AMENDMENT 3 (Find the Cure a.k.a Bradshaw Amendment)
3. Multiple Sclerosis
4. HIV & AIDS
6. Intractable migraines unresponsive to other treatment
7. A chronic medical condition that causes persistent pain and/or persistent muscle spasms including but not limited to those associated with paralysis, Parkinson’s, Bell’s Palsy, and Tourette’s Syndrome
8. Debilitating psychiatric disorders that benefit from medical cannabis and have been treated at some point in the patient’s medical history by a physician who has received at least three (3) months or more of training in a psychiatric internship, residency program, or through continuing education program sponsored by an accredited psychiatric residency program, approved by the Research Board and directed toward the recommendations or use of medical cannabis for psychiatric disorders
9. Terminal illness
10. End stage illness as defined by the Research Board
11. Any other disease that the Research Board determines, based upon reliable data and generally accepted in scientific principles, will benefit from treatment with medical cannabis
Patient Access Card through Department of Health & Senior Services can be obtained for an annual cost of $100.00 for those patients who will be buying their medicine through a retail dispensary. No language has been included to provide for personal cultivation. Primary Caregiver Identification Cards will cost $100.00 annually.
No mention of maximum possession of medical cannabis in a preset time period.
A physician shall not issue physician certification for the use of medical cannabis exceeding twenty five percent (25%) of prescriptions written in a calendar year; and shall not have an income from treating qualifying patients with primarily medical cannabis exceeding twenty five percent (25%) of the physician’s gross income.
No outdoor cultivation permitted.